Tuesday 22 September 2009

I'm still hobbling. Darned shoes I bought last week are not yet on a par with the cosy-slipper-like vision I had when I purchased them. Waited in the Sainsburys cafe today while my son was in his Explore learning session in-store, and hobbled out (after sitting for over an hour) like a cross between a 9 months pregnant woman, and somebody who has been up all night doing naughty things. I hasten to add, I've done neither. And I've also just had to explain to The Swede that when we meet next Thursday for the first time in nearly 2 months, he won't be able to lay a finger on me, because we will be sharing a hotel room with my son....aargh....
"Thought he was visiting you in Edinburgh?" I hear you ask, and that was true. However, we have worked out a new arrangement whereby he is breaking his journey into the UK when he lands at Heathrow, and is meeting up with me there, as I have managed to purchase an additional journey down south on the train for a very small price (see yesterday's fiasco), which means I can now attend my uncle's funeral after all.Hoorah! Well...not Hoorah, but you know what I mean. I could not get over the feeling that it was so wrong for me not to attend, and really didnt know what to do as I so badly want to go and show my auntie some support.
I must admit though, that I'm not looking forward to the fact that the first time my boyfriend meets my extended family, it's going to be such a sad/delicate occasion. If he had landed something like that on me when I met his folks...I would have been mortified.
Like my friends say-he must be a keeper.
Time will tell......time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment