Saturday 5 September 2009

Ok, so it's 12.31 on a Saturday afternoon, and I am both exhausted, and still in my pjs at this hour. Why, I hear you ask? Well I was woken at 3.30 by some young guys ever so thoughtfully having an extremely loud conversation in the stairwell of my block of flats...grrrr!!! The darlings!! (Not).
But what the heck...if I can't chill out and be lazy after a busy week of housework, school runs, and the like, when can I?
So here I am, me at my pc, while my son blasts everybody into oblivion on his Star Wars Lego PS2 game, and I'm trying to work up the energy to shower, having peeled myself away from the StarWars scene which my son insisted I just HAD to watch! I can feel my eyelids drooping...is it just me, or do other single parents have zero energy too?Believe it or not, before March 2008, I also found time to fit in a full-time job, and now i just think "How did I do that without killing myself?". Ok, so we have no money now, but at the same time, I'm not beavering away on a pile of work which only ever gets bigger, and watching my extremely cliquey team "mates" going out for lunch without me (which they did regularly by the way).
Often I look back on the high-powered world I used to inhabit and it seems completely alien to me now. Yes, I may have swapped having a cleaner and actually having money (sometimes) for sainsburys basics range and scrubbing my own house, but God, it's nice to be able to be a more relaxed mummy, who actually gets dinner on the table before bedtime.
Well, I think I may actually drag myself into the shower now, then put some clothes on. Then I have promised to play with lego with my son, and tonight I am going to make tacos while we sit down and laugh at The X-Factor. Rock and roll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment